Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our Latest Creations





We finished up a glass art installation on Monday! This is for a condo building downtown called the Jefferson Building. I have been slowly working on the glass pieces since November with the help of Grandma Vicki coming over to give me an hour here and there to work in the studio! Thanks Grandma :)

There are 30 pieces that cover a wall in the lobby. Each piece has a leaf design on it that I created by gathering leaves outside the building and then painting them on the glass.



It was so great to have Tesla there with us as we put up the glass pieces. Grandma came too and took Tesla on a nice walk downtown while we finished up.


Dad is getting Tesla ready to work on art with us by teaching her about the drill!



7 comments:

neptunetide said...

Wow! This is nice. Do you have a close up of one the glass pieces?

The Minert's said...

Hey! I was so excited to see an upadate! Wow those glass pieces are AMAZING! I love all the beauiful colors...Tesla is getting so BIG! I can't wait to see you guys...isn't it crazy how much they grow, I just notice today that Kaisley is getting her first tooth! Now she is a big girl...so so crazy. P.s when we come home for Spring Break we will have to get our little smoochies together...love ya and miss you all tons!

Kemp said...

Those are amazing!!! You have so much talent!!! I too would like to see a photo that shows the detail! Tesla is so darn cute! Love ya

J & J said...

Aims...how in the world did you create all of this during all of the newness of Tesla? I am impressed. I guess it shows what can be done with grandmas around. I love the installation. Do you have any leftover pieces hanging around? Can't wait to see more photos of Tesla. She has changed a lot...we need a close up of her too. xoxo

LuLu said...

I love your blog! I finally got caught up on Tesla's first 30 days. So beautiful.

I love the color palette of your new installation. I also want to know if you have any spare factory seconds hanging around...Love you guys, Holly

Russ and Julie said...

Amy, what an amazing installation. I am really drawn to the softness of the colors you used. I'd love to see a close-up of one of the pieces! Tesla is cute as ever!

June Blackhurst said...

Wow what beautiful glass pieces! Amy you are amazing! Not only are you an awesome artist, but such a great Mom for Tesla! You are nurturing her in so many ways! Look at those cheeks! We love ya!